Christ For The Nations
The purpose of this Institute is to raise up a new breed of passionate voices in the earth – voices awakened by purpose, empowered by love, and fueled by hope. To be a place “Where Dreams Find Direction.”
STATEMENT OF BELIEF:
The Seven Doctrinal Fundamentals of CFN
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. The One, True God: There is one living and true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19).
2. The Scriptures Inspired: The Bible is the only infallible, inspired, authoritative, written Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16).
3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ: We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this Earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years (John 1:1).
4. Original Sin and the Fall of Man: We believe that man, created in the image of God, by voluntary disobedience fell into the depths of sin and iniquity, therefore passing on sin’s nature and consequences to all mankind, with their accompanying loss of intended meaning and purpose (Gen. 1:27; Rom. 5:12).
5. The Salvation of Man: Man's only hope of redemption and salvation from the power of sin is to willingly choose repentance and faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that it is possible for a believer to lose his or her salvation by willfully turning away from the provisions of salvation which Christ has made. Salvation is a free gift from God and is available to any and all who call upon the Name of the Lord (Acts 4:12; Rom. 5:8-13, 15; 10:9, 13; Jas. 1:21; Eph. 2:8; Heb. 3:12, 6:4-6, 12:15; Matt. 13:22; 2 Tim. 4:10; 1 Tim. 1:19).
6. The Church and its Mission: We believe in the Great Commission to go into all the world to make disciples (Matt. 28:19).
7. The Ordinances of the Church:
a. Baptism in water in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All who repent of their sins and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. This is a declaration to the world that they identify with Christ in His death and have been raised with Him in newness of life (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47, 48; Rom. 6:4).
b. The Lord's Supper consisting of the elements—bread and the fruit of the vine—is the symbol that expresses our sharing the Divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Pet. 1:4), a memorial of His suffering and death (1 Cor. 11:26), and a prophecy of His second coming (1 Cor. 11:26), and is enjoined on all believers until He comes!
8. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit: The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4). With the Baptism in the Holy Spirit comes power for life and service in the ministry of the Body of Christ. We believe in corporate prayer with the believer’s prayer language. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4, 8; 2:11; 10:46; 1 Cor. 12:1-31).
9. Divine Healing: Divine healing was provided for all in the Old Testament (Ex. 15:22-26; Psa. 103:1-3; Isa. 53:4, 5) and in the New Testament, through the Atonement of Christ, it is an integral part of the Gospel (Matt. 8:16, 17; Acts 5:16; Jas. 5:14-16).
10. The Final Judgment: We believe that all shall stand before the judgment seat of Christ: the redeemed to be delivered unto everlasting life, and the unrepentant unto everlasting punishment (Rev. 20:11, 12; 2 Cor. 5:10).