Grace Fellowship is an established non-denominational Charismatic church in a high growth area in Central Texas, located approximately 20 miles north of Austin TX. God has called us to reach a greater number of people in our area, especially the younger, unchurched families. As they come, we need to connect them to small groups for care, ministry and spiritual growth. The Associate Pastor will assist our Senior Pastor to conduct the business of the church, promote vision for the church, and build and help facilitate the growth of our church in our community. This person will also share general pastoral duties, preach on occasion and be committed to being part of our team. The Associate Pastor will have strong relationship building gifts and skills. Our new Associate Pastor should be an entrepreneurial person with a heart and call to ministry, and with a strong and distinct “pioneering” heart and spirit to reach new families and add to our church through “Spirit led” evangelism and discipleship.
The ideal candidate would have experience in raising and living out the Christian faith in a family setting. The ideal candidate would also align with the pastoral qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
Position: Associate Pastor. This is a full time, salaried position with a minimum of 40 hours/week required. Defined office hours will be set and followed, with the remaining hours flexible as needed.
Location: 6600 S. Lakewood Drive
Georgetown, TX 78633
Start Date: August 2018
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Must have 3+ years serving at a church with responsibilities that align with this current position.
- Must have demonstrated preaching and teaching gifts.
- Must be able to reach and connect with young adults.
- Must be committed to making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Must be positive, patient, friendly with professional/pastoral attitude and demeanor.
- Must be a self-starter, able to anticipate needs without oversight, focus on the tasks at hand and efficient follow-through.
- A Bible college degree. Minimum of Associates Degree in Biblical studies.
- Must have strong communication abilities both written and oral.
- Must be a strong team builder and recruiter.
- To reach and connect with young adults and families with the primary purpose to grow Grace Fellowship Church.
- Support the Senior Pastor in planning and implementing vision and ministry
- Assist ministry leaders when necessary
- Provide Biblical counseling, prayer and ministry to people as needed, and as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services, small groups, and church events.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- Maintain a disciplined life of worship, Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing and giving.
- The Associate Pastor’s responsibilities will include a mix of normal business hours at the church office, church services, evening meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings should the need arise.
- Passion for ministering the Gospel of Jesus Christ and encouraging spiritual growth and development our church members.
- Welcoming visitors and for creating ways for new guests to get plugged into our local body and ministry.
- Share the visitation responsibility of visiting those who are sick or in the hospital as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- A generous giver and regular tither.
- Salary based on experience/education
- Health Care through HRA & HSA
For those interested, please provide the following:
- Resume with at least 3 Ministerial References
- Statement of Faith
- Sermon audio/video if available
How to contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org