New Horizons of North Texas
New Horizons is a Christian nonprofit organization dedicated to helping at-risk kids growing up in environments of poverty, academic struggle, and hopelessness and working to empower them to fulfill their potential through tutoring, mentoring, and faith-building.
Start Date: August 13
Pay Range: $12-$15 per hour/ 12-15 hours per week
Required Hours: Monday-Thursday 2:30-5:30 PM
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Site Assistant works under the Site Director and with the students and volunteers of the programs of New Horizons to provide educational and organizational services and to assist the Site Director with management, documentation, and operational tasks. Site Assistants work directly with at-risk children/youth to mentor and assist with academic growth in a Jesus-centered ministry environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide mentorship and care to underprivileged kids/ youth.
- Provide consistent classroom management to ensure program success.
- Ensure the safety of the students and volunteers by following all site policies and procedures.
- Follow the Tutor Plan and mentor students.
- Cultivate relationships with students, families, and volunteers.
- Assist volunteers in finding required tutoring materials.
- Assist in coordinating any special events.
- Complete administrative work as filing, supply and material inventory, data entry, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Site Director and Supervisors.
- Passion for kids/youth and social impact is required.
- Ability to excel in an independent environment through personal responsibility is crucial.
- Key Characteristics: Dedicated, punctual, reliable, team player, Jesus-centered.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/ GED is required.
- Undergraduate coursework in kids ministry, education, or related field is desirable.
- Fluent in Spanish and English is desirable.
- Part-time employee with working hours of approximately 2 PM-5:30 PM Monday through Thursday following the school calendar, including some evenings and weekends as needed.
- To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.