Associate Pastor/Worship Leader
Church on the Rock
1735 Florence Road, Savannah, TN 38372
Church on the Rock of Savannah, TN, has the position of worship leader/associate pastor that it would like to fill. The position is full time. The following are the nonnegotiable requirements that we would like to have in the candidates that apply.
- A love for God and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
- A love for people. We have a community of people who are not attending church and are not walking with Christ. Candidates should have leadership skills to assist the church, reach this generation and make a difference in lives of people.
- Ability to bring a congregation into worship.
- The ability to play an instrument such as keyboard or guitar.
- Skills necessary to be an assistant pastor which would include ministering to the church on occasion when the pastor isn’t available to minister and possibly minister on a rotation such as once per month on Sunday or every mid-week service.
- Ministry with a teaching style preferred.
- Good organizational skills and can teach others how to better organize other ministries in the church.
We are a small church of 60- 75 people, but we are a church that is very active in our community through various outreach programs. We have both financial and physical resources to grow this ministry.
The pastor of the church is 72 years old and will over the next few years be considering reducing responsibilities, at which time the opportunity is there for this candidate to begin transitioning into that role.
Church on the Rock is a non-denominational church.