Pastor of Student Ministries
701 E FM 544 Murphy, TX 75094
Elevate Church started in 2008 as a new church plant in the northeast part of the Dallas and now is home to over 300 people. In 2019, our average Sunday attendance was about 225, ministering to an average of 30-40 students each week. We also have a strong presence on the public school campuses. We currently have a staff of 5 pastors who serve either part-time or full-time. Our target audience is young families between 25-45 years of age (although we have all ages). We are a Spirit-filled church affiliated with the Assemblies of God. However, many of our attendees come from diverse religious backgrounds or none at all. We also have a bold vision to reach our community and world for Christ. Our website is www.MyElevateChurch.com
Job Title: Pastor of Student Ministries (Pastoral)
This is a full-time salaried position in a multi-staff team environment.
The Student Ministry Pastor oversees all aspects of the Elevate Church Student Ministry, covering sixth through twelfth grade. This includes the development and execution of the strategic ministry plans and objectives for the student ministry, ensuring that they align with the vision and mission of Elevate Church. This role will also seek to create a partnership with parents to disciple students. In addition, the Student Pastor has overall responsibility for the professional, administrative and ministerial growth of the leaders and volunteers for the Student ministry. The Student Pastor will demonstrate both passion and involvement in reaching the school campuses within the community. This includes the development and execution of strategic outreaches, campus groups, See You At The Pole, and public relations to align with the passion to reach the unreached and unchurched within the community and on the public school campuses.
This position also carries a leadership portfolio to assist in leading in one of the following areas according to the gift set of the person: Video/Media Production or Outreach/PR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities For The Student Pastor:
- Overall responsibility for the Student ministry, including the vision cast, planning, content, flow and overall execution of the mid-week student services and small group programs.
- Continuously identify, develop and implement technical process and structure to advance the student ministry.
- Implement an ongoing strategy to develop and deploy student leaders and adult leaders to fulfill the vision of the Student ministry and church.
- Final responsibility for the planning and execution of all student ministry events, including student camps, volunteer staff events, fine arts, etc.
- Lead the recruitment, assessment, development and motivation of the volunteers and leaders who assist in the development and execution of the student ministry plan.
- Final responsibility for the development and management of the student ministry budget.
- Participate in all collective staff activities such as meetings, pastoral care, and prayer.
- Oversee the discipleship, pastoral care and counseling of the youth ministry members.
- Assist in the implementation of the internship program called Grow:52, focused on investing in future leaders
- Must possess and model the qualities described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in ministry or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the areas of leadership, organizational strategy, operations, process improvement, and project management.
- Must be a self –initiator
- Must be a consistent team builder who is able to multiply leaders
- Solid relationship management experience, essential to balance the needs of the ministry with the expectations and needs of the staff, volunteers, students and parents.
- The ability to accurately assess the performance of the student ministry leaders and volunteers, and provide the necessary coaching, direction and encouragement that result in continuous growth and development.
- A systems thinker with the ability to successfully oversee the planning and performance of multiple projects, volunteer teams, and events simultaneously.
- Media and/or music proficiencies are a dominant plus.
Resume and references required with a cover letter and picture.