Valet – Museum Tower
FirstService Residential - Museum Tower
3102 Oak Lawn Ave, Suite 202
A Valet position with FirstService Residential requires a passion for people and dedication to providing superior customer service at all times within a luxury residential setting. The Valet position is often demanding and fast-paced, requiring excellent time management and problem-solving skills. On a daily basis the Valet will interact with residents and guests from varied backgrounds and walks-of-life, and therefore an amicable personality and unflappable disposition are a must for a successful concierge.
Working as a FirstService Residential Valet means that your focus is to ensure the needs and requests of residents are met and that each resident has a memorable 5-star, community-living experience. The Valet is a key member of the Concierge team and is responsible for providing a positive first and last impression to residents and guest when they arrive to and depart from the property. The Valet is expected to proactively approach, greet and acknowledge all residents and guests in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
- Parks and retrieves resident and guest vehicles from specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
- Capable of operating both automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Provides claim check and instructs residents and/or guests on how to reclaim vehicle.
- Demonstrates superior customer service at all times and a genuine desire to serve.
- Warmly greets and directs residents and guests arriving to or departing from the property.
- Provides prompt and knowledgeable service to all residents and guests.
- Able to work in an environment that is not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes with exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Maintains daily logs, incident reports, records and forms.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of incidents reports, activity logs and status including claim checks, vehicle damage, statements, and conditions which require attention and/or repair.
- Adheres to all Front Desk procedures including, but not limited to: reviewing and completing Daily Activity Reports (DAR); completing incident reports for management; and responding to emergency situations.
- Adheres to FirstService Residential’s standards for resident and guest services.
- Ensures that resident and guest concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner. Reports to General Manager and/or Lead Concierge any resident or guest dissatisfaction.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and polished appearance at all times.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe and working environment within the immediate working area.
- Assists with training of valet service/ runner staff, as needed.
- Provides back-up concierge services when requested.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Two to three years of industry experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong organization skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities while remaining composed and professional.
- Must be friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and enjoy working with a variety of people while maintaining professional distance from residents and guests.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.